Frozen Grass Blog 1

Monday, April 14, 2008

A brief intermission and welcome back big fella (aka Dad)

It's been a while since my last post, however there is good reason. You may recall the post 'The Greyish Blob that is my Child' and the other post 'Aaron with two 'A's' - if you don't, well, you aren't reading closely enough. Either way, my child has grown from a pink/grey blob into a little ball of trouble.

Basically, my wonderful wife has gone back to work this week, and from now on I am in charge of that little bundle of trouble called Aaron. Thankfully I only have to do this in the evenings. As much as I love my time with the little fella, I just don't have that motherly knack that my wife does. We can make mess, we can scream in joy, we can vomit in unison - we just don't seem to have that wonderful sense of order Mum brings. We do, however, break new ground when it comes to babies eating hats. In particular filthy, dirty gardening hats.


What I really wanted to say in this post is that the Overflow of Concentrated Emotion, the Depth of Love and the Fear and Anticipation that comes with raising a child is more than one can bear sometimes.

Stacey went to work this evening,and I cried on and off for hours. It didn't make sense. I AM MAN. I NOT CRY.

I think I was sadder than my wife, who had to go back to work after eight months of maternity leave. Stacey sad. MAN NOT SAD.

I know it doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Picture 072 Blog